Sunday 6 December 2020

My All-time Top 100

I mentioned a while back on Facebook, that I was going to have a go at compiling my Top 100 tunes and songs. I asked others to join in as well but so far, only one other has done it - seeing how long it's taken me, I can see why.

Anyway, I make no apologies for anything on this list. The majority of songs on this list are there because they're linked to either a person, a time or memory in my life.
It's not about what I think are the best musical pieces, it's totally personal and about music, that means a lot to me.
In saying that - the lower part of the chart could easily change by the day, especially if I hear a song that I'd forgotten while putting it together.
I've added a link to a youtube playlist if you want to have a listen.
And so here it is:
MY TOP 100 in reverse order
100 Jimmy Cliff – Wild World
99 Neil Diamond - Summerlove
98 Albert Hammond – It Never Rains In Southern California
97 Lord Rockingham’s XI – Hoots Mon
96 Electric Light Orchestra – Starlight
95 Vaya Con Dias – Nah Neh Nah
94 Gary Moore – Still Got The Blues
93 Barbra Streisand – Woman In The Moon
92 Bee Gees – Fanny (Be Tender With My Love)
91 Beach Boys – Break Away
90 Al Martino – To The Door To The Sun
89 Robbie Dupree – Steal Away
88 Charles Sheffield – It’s Your Voodoo Working
87 Perry Como – Love Makes The World Go Around
86 Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose – Too Late To Turn Back Now
85 Elton John - Writing
84 Randy Crawford – My Heart Is Not As Young As It Used To Be
83 Dawn – Tie A Yellow Ribbon
82 Jermaine Jackson – You Like Me Don’t You
81 Simon & Garfunkel - America
80 Lyn Anderson – Rose Garden
79 Gary Glitter – Rock ‘n’ Roll
78 James Taylor – Secret O’Life
77 The Beatles – I’m Only Sleeping
76 Sammy Davis Jr – The Candy Man
75 Glen Campbell - Galveston
74 The Originals – Down To Love Town
73 Peter Frampton – Show Me The Way
72 Wax – Bridge To Your Heart
71 Anne Murray - Snowbird
70 Rod Stewart – Ain’t Love A Bitch
69 America – Ventura Highway
68 Slade – Let’s Call It Quits
67 Shalamar – Take That To The Bank
66 Santana ft Rob Thomas – Smooth
65 The Hollies – Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress
64 Chuck Berry – Almost Grown
63 Rupert Holmes – Him
62 Stephen Bishop – On & On
61 Barry White – Sha La La Means I Love You
60 The Elgins – Put Yourself In My Place
59 Pickettywitch – Sad Old Kinda Movie
58 Donald Fagen – New Frontier
57 John Holt – You Baby
56 10cc – I’m Mandy, Fly Me
55 Trini Lopez – Sinner Not A Saint
54 Brenda Holloway – I’ll Always Love You
53 Eddie Cochran – Stockings & Shoes
52 Steely Dan – Only A Fool Would Say That
51 Amy Winehouse – Me & Mr Jones
50 Alessi – Oh Lori
49 The Beatles – This Boy
48 The Champs – Tequila
47 T Rex - Jeepster
46 Kirsty MacColl – In These Shoes
45 Etta James – I Just Want To Make Love To You
44 Stevie Wonder – I’d Be A Fool Right Now
43 First Choice – Armed & Extremely Dangerous
42 John Lee Hooker - The Healer
41 Sam Cooke – Frankie & Johnnie
40 Jackson 5 – Looking Through The Windows
39 O’Jays – Backstabbers
38 Barry Manilow – New York City Rhythm
37 Maria Muldaur – Mignight At The Oasis
36 Bob & Marcia – Young Gifted and Black
35 Lloyd Price – Have You Ever Had The Blues
34 The Drifters – Like Sister & Brother
33 Four Tops – Where Did You Go
32 Beach Boys – Don’t Worry Baby
31 Michael Jackson – Off The Wall
30 Van Morrison – Did Ye Get Healed
29 Janis Ian – At Seventeen
28 The Temptations – My Baby
27 Elvis Presley – Kentucky Rain
26 The Beatles – Penny Lane
25 Roy Orbison – Uptown
24 Jimmy Durante – Make Someone Happy
23 Brian Protheroe - Pinball
22 Stevie Wonder – Ngiculela, Es Una Historia, I Am Singing
21 Barbara McNair – Steal Away Tonight
20 Greyhound – Moon River
19 Chris Rea – On The Beach
18 Donald Byron Wheatley – Moondogs And Maddogs
17 Al Stewart – Year Of The Cat
16 Barry Biggs - Sideshow
15 Lavern Baker – Jim Dandy
14 Four Seasons – Save It For Me
13 Gene McDaniels – The Point Of No Return
12 Ray Charles – Hit The Road Jack
11 Neil Sedaka – Brighton
10 Kandidate – Let Me Rock You
9 Percy Faith – Theme From ‘A Summer Place’
8 Bob Dylan – Subterranean Homesick Blues
7 Hurricane Smith – Don’t Let It Die
6 Fortunes – Storm In A Teacup
5 Isley Brothers – Harvest For The World
4 Emilia Mitiku – You’re So Right For Me
3 Gilbert O’ Sullivan – Alone Again (Naturally)
2 Ruby & The Romantics – Our Day Will Come
1 Jackie Wilson – To Be Loved

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment