Monday 31 May 2021

Music of my Life 35

My sister came to visit me recently. She's 12 years older than me and remembers where my love of music started.

She was telling me that as soon as I was able, I would get as close to my Dad's reel to reel tape recorder as I could, and as soon as I could, I'd start to play it (I'm surprised my Dad let me - I'd never have let my kids do it),
She said there was one song on a tape I would play over and over again. She said I must have managed to work out where it was on the tape because I could always seem to run the tape back or forth and find it.
I was 2 or 3 at the time.
The song?
Charlie Drake's cover of Bobby Darin's 'Splish Splash'


If you can't see the video, click here

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!



No comments:

Post a Comment