Monday 7 June 2021

The Music of my Life 36

 
It's the Summer of 1965 and we've just moved to Burnham on Sea to take on this arcade on the seafront. I've just had my 5th birthday and it's the start of the 6 week's Summer Holidays.


In the back room of the arcade, Dad had a record player and a reel to reel tape recorder that he used to pipe music throughout the arcade.


This album was released at the beginning of the month, and I can still remember vividly the excitement I felt when Dad brought the album out of the bag and put it on the record player.


And almost 56 years later, I still get that feeling whenever I look at the cover of this album. I'm a little boy again!


If the video doesn't play, click here

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment