Saturday 26 June 2021

Music of my life 38

 If you think music can't move you, think again.

I just played a record that I've not played for years and within 10 seconds of it starting, it took me back to a journey to Pevensey Bay on the day my Uncle Henry Turner died.
It's the only song I remember from that drive.
The song was 'Wouldn't Change A Thing' by Kylie Minogue. Why does it stay in my memory? Because I remember thinking when I heard it that day, if there was ever a man that you wouldn't change a thing about, that was

him.

As a child, he was always there, smiling away, full of fun.

He was someone you couldn't help but like. He was also someone who could stick up for himself and if he saw someone in trouble, he'd be the first to offer his help.

He was someone upon whom you could always depend.

My son Henry was named after him and I couldn't have named him better as he has so many of my Uncle Henry's ways.
And yes, as I did that day, I just got choked and teary again.

If the video doesn't play, click here

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment