Monday 14 June 2021

Music of my Life 37


 I just heard The Tymes' 'Ms Grace' and had another musical flashback.

I was boarding at Prior Park College in Bath and each week my Mum would send me the pop charts in the UK, which she used to cut out of the 'Coin Slot' part of the 'World's Fair' newspaper.

On this particular day, I was in a science lesson, and I have to say, I really hated all of the sciences, so wasn't really paying much attention. We were supposed to be reading some text, but I had the piece of paper with the UK charts inside the book and I was reading down the list to see what was in that particular week's chart.

I obviously wasn't paying attention because my teacher walked behind me, saw the chart, took it off me and proceeded to say something along the lines of..."Mr Murphy, would you like to share with us the scientific properties of Ms Grace?"

Silence.

"No? In that case, this evening you can do detention and write an essay on the subject you are supposed to be learning about!"

It seems to me, music has always been more important to me than pretty much everything. It may account for why as I'm pushing 61, it's still at the forefront of my life and still playing such an important role in my thoughts.

It's also the major thing that brings me back these long lost memories. Without it, I'd probably not remember 98% of the things I do!

If the video doesn't play, click here

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment