Friday 11 June 2021

A rant about banks!

I went to the bank this morning. I needed to change some money up into greater denominations.

I went to St. Ives as it's a smaller town than Cambridge and I figured that I'd get in and out quicker.

I went to Barclays, but they no longer have counter staff, so it's not possible to change money. In fact, if you don't want to use cards, there's not much they can do for you.

I then went to the Lloyds bank. They had two counter staff but didn't want to change the money up. Their option is to pay the money into your account and then use your card to pay with.

The other choice was to pay money into your account and then draw cash out.

How bleeding pathetic is it. The lady on the counter told me that really, the Banks want us to be a cashless society.

What right do they have to force it on us? The fact is, they want us to use credit cards and debit cards because we spend more that way.

I've noticed how people, particularly youngsters are paying for things using their phones so much now. The banks realise that they spend more that way.

I'm a dinosaur. I like money in my pocket. I know how much I have, and when it's gone, it's gone. But with a card, you can raid your account without realising how much your spending.

And that's why they want you to use them. That's why they want to get rid of money. They won't need so many counter staff either if you take cash out of the equation.

And all the time, the banks get richer.

It's getting to the stage where if a shop no longer accepts cash, I'm no longer willing to be a customer. 

I dread the thought of no longer having cash. We'll go to work and all we'll get is a piece of paper telling us how much we got. And there won't be any cash machines to draw money out from because there's no cash, so basically, we'll all be working for the banks!

They'll be in total control. Everything in the country will have to go through them and then they can do what they like.

After all, they're a waste of time to try and save with, they don't even want to give you 1% for savings, but they don't mind 30% or 40% interest to them when you have a credit card.

They're no more than legalised thieves!

Rant over.

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment