Wednesday 21 April 2021

The Music Of My Life 29

Another of those Guilty Pleasures of mine. My love of music started with the four reel-to-reel tapes in the photo. Full of hits of the late 50s and early 60s, they are the first music tracks I ever heard.

I can remember watching the tapes go round and hearing all this marvellous music. Even though these tapes contain hits by the likes of Elvis Presley, The Everly Brothers, Billy Fury, Brenda Lee, Buddy Holly and more, the plinky plonk piano of Russ Conway is right up there with those favourites of mine too.


And one tune in particular, 'Lucky Five' sticks in my mind as a song that reminds me of being a little boy, listening to those tapes. Just hearing it raises my spirits and reminds me of my Mum and Dad.
 


If the video doesn't play, click here

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment