Friday 16 April 2021

I've been sorting out my books...

There's no doubt that me and Debz are big readers, We've had books lurking all over the house and in the garage for ages.

But this week we bit the bullet and bought some bookcases. Up until now, we only had one and that was in my office.

I've built one of the bookcases and its new home is in our bedroom. Our problem is that we don't have enough wall space in the house, so we've had the fit the bookcase where we can.

The other one will go in our living room.

What this means for me is that now, my office bookshelf is now full of business-related and self-development books.

Before I had the sort out this bookcase was full of not only business books but also allsorts of other books which meant the shelves were overloaded and it was a pain to find anything.

Now however, it's nice and neat and easy for me to find everything.

It probably won't last though because I'm always buying more books.

I would imagine it's won't be long before this bookcase is overcrowded again and I won't be able to find what I'm looking for.


The bookcase that now resides in our bedroom is where I'll be putting all the other books I'm interested in.

In this one, you'll find plenty of music-related books. 

Biographies and autobiographies have always been amongst my favourite kinds of books. I've always been interested in what makes people tick and it's always interesting to see how they cope with the challenges of life.

You'll also find books about collecting, 20th-century culture, history, as well as anything else that takes my fancy.

As you can probably tell, I'm not really a fiction reader although I do have a few David Baldacci thriller style books.

Once I get the next bookcase assembled and placed, that'll be the home of the fiction in the house. That's Debz' department.

It won't be long before we're overflowing again though and we'll need to try and find room to put another bookcase.

I wish I was the kind of person who could happily give old books away but it's not going to happen with me because my books generally are full of highlighted sections.

It just makes it easy for me when I'm looking to check something.

It also means that I can re-read a book fairly quickly if I just want to pick out the salient points I'm looking for because all I have to do it go through the book and read all the highlighted sections.

I don't know about you, but I love to go through other people's books to see what they read too.

I've tried reading with a kindle, but it just doesn't feel the same. They're great if you're away on holiday and don't want to carry a load of books but it just doesn't feel the same. I like the feel of a book.  And weirdly, I like the smell of them as well!

I've posted close up photos on my Instagram account if you'd like to see what's on the shelves

As I'm a bit nosey, I'd like to hear about what you read. Feel free to let me know. You can also send me photos of your bookcases and shelves if you want. Just bung 'em on Facebook! I'm looking forward to see what you like.

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment