Wednesday 24 February 2021

The Music Of My Life 21

A favourite of mine, this record takes me back to when I used to go and stay with my sister after she'd got married.

My brother in law's dad used to travel a set of dodgems, and they used to open at Englefield Green, near Windsor.
I remember being there when this single was out, and it was the year actress Diana Dors (who lived close by) came on the ground one Saturday afternoon.
She had a ride on the dodgems and I spent the entire time bumping into her car and knocking her all around the track.
Being only 12 at the time, I didn't feel any embarrassment in going up to her and asking for her autograph afterwards,

I only wish I still had it, for I'll never forget what she wrote:
"To James who banged me 100 times! Love Diana Dors"
Happy days!

If video doesn't play, click here

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment