Wednesday 17 February 2021

A lottery win...not quite the big one...but a win's a win!

 It’s funny how you can be miserable one minute, but within a short while, the way you think can change your mood.

This morning, I got an email from the lottery telling me that I’d had a win.

I went to the website and checked to see how much. I’d won £6.20. I was happy with that as I rarely win anything and when I do it’s usually a lucky dip go.

The most I’ve ever won was £30 a few years ago.

So I thought I’d take a quick look to see how I’d done. I wished I hadn’t. I usually do two lines, one with the same numbers every week and the other, a lucky dip line

A quick look showed me that I’d had 6 different numbers. Had I got them all on the same line, I’d have won £154 million. You can imagine how gutted I was.

About an hour later, I thought I’d take another look – it’s funny how you sometimes need the blow to give you a double whammy to just confirm it.

It was on that second look that I realised that I was wrong. What I would have had was the five main numbers and one lucky star number, which meant I wouldn’t have won the jackpot, I would have in actual fact won £137, 339.50. All of a sudden, the pain didn’t seem so bad.

But then I decided to look at it another way.

I’d actually won £6.20, £3.10 on each line. I realised there were two good things about that.

1) I’ve never had two wins on the same day on the Lottery before.

2)  I was actually in front by £1.20. When I win a lucky dip, it’s only a free go, not actually a monetary win.

All of a sudden I’m happy again, because maybe, just maybe, they’re preparing me for a much bigger win.

I shall wait in expectation. 

Maybe not for today, maybe not tomorrow, but when it happens, I’ll be ready!

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment