Thursday 18 February 2021

The Music Of My Life 20


In 1990, I lost a lot of money and a business, and needed to start again. The only thing I had left was my record collection, and I made the decision to sell them on a market.

In 1991, I bought a stall and started buying and selling, using my own records as the initial stock.
Once I was known to the market traders, I started getting work painting signs for other traders.
I shared a big shed where I used to keep my market stock and I used to paint there on the days I wasn't doing markets.

The 'Portrait of Ella Fitzgerald' and Carly Simon's, My Romance' albums became my soundtrack to painting signs that year.
I must have played them over and over again. Here are some photos of my market stall and some of my signs painted that year.








And hear a couple of songs from those albums:

If you can't see the video, click here

If you can't see the video, click here


Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!



No comments:

Post a Comment