Wednesday 11 November 2020

James' Top 10s and where the idea came from...

 A while back, I read both of DJ, Chris Evans’ books. I have to say they were both really good reads.

And to start each chapter, he did a list - 10 things - Basic things about him – 10 things about his Dad – Resounding things he remembered from school – that kind of thing.

I really enjoyed reading them, so I think I’m going to nick his idea and also some of his subjects and try to come up with a Top 10 list each week.

And I’m going to start it off as he did with 10 basic things about me.

10. Born 29th July 19609. In Leigh-on-Sea, near Southend, in the county of Essex

8. Mum Pearl was born in a Travelling Showman's family in 1925

7. Dad Bill was born in a Travelling Showman's family in 1923

6. I have a brother, Bill (b 08-11-1950) and two sisters, Pearl (b 25-09-1948) and Anita (although we’ve always called her by her second name, Debra, (b 07-03-1962)

5. My schools were all in Somerset, (3 in Burnham on Sea, 1 in Bath (although at the time it was in Avon, and 1 in Taunton)

4. At the age of 10, I needed glasses and much to my mum’s horror wanted the cheapest national health round specs because John Lennon wore them at the time. The frame though was metallic light blue. I was really disappointed when everyone, when they saw me used to say, “The Milky Bars are on me!”

3. On a school trip at the end of Summer Term in 1974, I had a bad fall on Brean Down which resulted in me Fracturing my collarbone, dislocating my elbow, breaking my wrist and two fingers. It hurt like buggery and resulted in me not being allowed to play sport for a year!

2. Although I went to two public schools, I left without any qualifications as I didn’t take any ‘O’ Levels because my Dad was taken seriously ill just before the exams and I stayed at home to run the family business instead.

1.You may not know this, but I’ve always loved music!

 

More next time...

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment