Wednesday 2 December 2020

The music of my life #9

 It was the winter of 1978/9 and a load of us went to see Rod Stewart on a freezing cold night.

Stood just in front of me in the crowd was Bobby Moore, England's World Cup winning captain of 1966. I was within 2ft of the great man. And I was so awestruck, I never said a word to him.
The lights dimmed and the music to 'Hot Legs' started and we were off. Just a brilliant concert. This was his new album at the time.
I remember buying a maroon sweatshirt with the dates of the tour on it. I didn't manage to catch one of the footballs he kicked out that night.
We came out of the concert and it wasn't just cold, it had snowed heavily and people were slipping about everywhere.
A great night. And for me, it's a great album too. When I hear 'Da Ya Think I'm Sexy' and 'Ain't Love A Bitch', it reminds me of that night.
Good times.

If you can't see the video, click this link

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment