Tuesday 15 December 2020

The Music of My Life #12

It's 1980, I am 20 years old. In my car, I've got UB40s 'Signing Off' album, the new Diana Ross album produced by the guys from Chic, and all manner of cool and trendy stuff as befitting someone of my age and standing,

But hidden under my front seat, is a cassette of this, Barry Manilow's 'Manilow Magic'. When I'm not with anyone, this comes out of hiding and into the player.
I'm a sucker for good songs sung well, and this album has that in spades. From 'Looks Like We Made It', to 'Trying To Get The Feeling Again' and my favourite 'Weekend In New England'. Oh yeah...'Copacabana' is there as well.
And looking back now, I wish I'd have been upfront about it. This album is just stunning. I loved it then and still do.
Like I've said before, my musical tastes really are diverse,

If the video doesn't play, click here

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment