Wednesday 2 December 2020

Jame's Top 10s - Comedy TV Series


 I love comedies - they cheer me up. 

And over the years, I've found plenty to love. 

Some obvious ones don't make my list. Some that I thought were brilliant at the time, when I've watched them again years later, don't seem as funny.

But the ten below, represent slices of humour that have kept me amused for hours.

And so here's my Top 10


10) Friday Night Dinner - Two siblings share their Friday night dinners at their parents home and, somehow, something always goes wrong.

9)Third Rock From The Sun - A group of aliens are sent to Earth, disguised as a human family, to experience and report life on the third planet from the sun.

8) Soap - The soap-opera-ish antics of two families: the Campbells and the Tates.

7) Father Ted - Three misfit priests and their housekeeper live on Craggy Island, not the peaceful and quiet part of Ireland that it seems to be.

6) The Vicar Of Dibley - A boisterous female minister comes to serve in an eccentrically conservative small town's church.

5) Spin City - Mike Flaherty, the Deputy Mayor of New York City, and his team of half-wits must constantly save the Mayor from embarrassment and the media. Mike is later succeeded by Charlie Crawford.

4) Scrubs - In the unreal world of Sacred Heart Hospital, intern John "J.D." Dorian learns the ways of medicine, friendship and life.

3) The Royle Family - A  sitcom about a family going through everyday life in the Royle family house (mostly, in front of the TV).

2) Frasier - Dr. Frasier Crane moves back to his hometown of Seattle, where he lives with his father, and works as a radio psychiatrist.

1) The Odd Couple - Two men, a neat freak and a slob separated from their wives, have to live together despite their differences.

That's my choices - I had a few close that could have been included, but these are the ones that made it for me.

I'd love to hear your choices. Feel free to let me have your choices below. 

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely The vicar of Dibley, in fact I watched the whole box set again recently, as well as To the manor born 😊
    Love the Royal family, and also have the box set of that too 😉

    ReplyDelete