Tuesday 15 December 2020

Make someone happy...give 'em a call!

 


It’s amazing how something as simple as a phone call can cheer you up.

Last week, I got a phone call from a friend that I’d lost contact with. The last time I saw him was at a funeral some years back.

When my phone rang last night, I was concerned that something was wrong as I haven’t spoken to him for at least 6-7 years.

So imagine my surprise when he said he saw my name and hadn’t spoken to me for a while so he thought he would.

It was lovely to shoot the breeze with him and really good to catch up. I found out all about his family and what they’re up to. I told him my news.

And at the end of it, I felt lifted.

Here’s the thing though – we don’t have each other’s phone numbers anymore. What he did was find me on Facebook and use the messenger to phone me.

I’ll tell you this. Sometimes that’s all you need to do. Just say hello and chat for 10 minutes.

You’ll be amazed by how much I appreciated that. Thanks John!

With that in mind, and with Christmas upon us,  and with many of us spending time away from friends and family this year, it seems like a good time to be making that call to someone who you haven't spoken to recently.

It could be an unexpected gift for them!

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment