Friday 18 December 2020

James' Top 10s - Christmas Songs

 I've got to be honest, Christmas Songs aren't my favourite genre of music. That's mostly because by the time the big day arrives, I've been hearing them for nearly two months.

But fortunately, this year, because our social distancing and lockdowns, I've not been out and about so much, and therefore, don't feel as though I've had them shoved down my throat so much.

And in sitting down to work out my Top 10, I've noticed that I like a lot more than I think I did.

And so, after consideration, I've compiled my Top 10 favourites. They quite likely won't be yours. Som may, but some won't.

What's surprised me is that there are none later than 1964. No Slade, No Mud, No Wizzard....

So here is my Top 10 Christmas Songs.

10 Perry Como & he Fontaine Sisters - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

If you can't see the video, click here

9 Burl Ives - Holly, Jolly Christmas

If you can't see the video, click here

8 Lou Monte - Dominick The Donkey

If you can't see the video, click here

7 Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby

If you can't see the video, click here

6 Max Bygraves - Jingle Bell Rock

If you can't see the video, click here

5 The Ronnettes - Sleigh Ride

If you can't see the video, click here

4 Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick

If you can't see the video, click here

3 Darlene Love - Winter Wonderland

If you can't see the video, click here

2 Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song

If you can't see the video, click here

1 Frank Sinatra - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

If you can't see the video, click here

I hope you enjoyed my choices. Let me know below what are your favourites.

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!



No comments:

Post a Comment