Friday 22 January 2021

Music of my Life 16

If James Taylor's Gorilla is my 2nd Favourite album, this is at the top of the list,

Stevie Wonder hadn't made an album for a couple of years. And when I knew this one was coming I pre-ordered it at Jotchams Record Shop.
On the day of it's release, I headed to the shop to pick it up, A double album and a bonus EP to! I can remember getting home and placing side one on my trusty old Dansette.
The first 10 seconds was all I needed, I fell in love with this album way before 'Love's In Need Of Love Today' finished.
I was 16 and this album was like a spiritual experience as it went from song to song.
On the first album there was also 'Have A Talk With God', 'Village Ghetto Land', 'Contusion', 'Sir Duke', 'I Wish', 'Knocks Me Off My Feet', 'Summer Soft' and 'Ordinary Pain', How could this album get any better?
I slipped on the second album. 'What a song to kick it off. 'Isn't She Lovely,' and on into 'Joy Inside my Tears.' 'Black Man' was unlike anything else I'd ever heard!
And then side 4. For me, the best song of the album 'Nigiculela, Es Una Historia, I am Singing' led into the wonderful 'If It's Magic.' Then two monster songs, 'As' and 'Another Star' What a finish!
But it wasn't - there was 'A Something's Extra'! The EP.
'Saturn, Ebony Eyes,' 'All Day Sucker' and 'Easy Goin' Evening (My Mama's Call)' to finish it all off.
The first time I heard the album it became my favourite album. And over the years, my love for 'Songs In The Key Of Life' has never dimmed. Just Stunning!
Just play this - my favourite song on the album;.
If the video won't play, click here

"If you like this post please share this post with ten friends you care about. We don't have to sit idly by while social media giants push us toward ad-filled noisy media."


No comments:

Post a Comment