Thursday 14 January 2021

James' Top 10s - Classic TV Adverts

 I don't know about you but I'm sick to the back teeth of begging adverts. There's one for every cause these days, all trying to get you to part with £3, £5 or more a month.

And do you know what's annoying? The fact that before any charity gets any money from the adverts, the ad men get paid first. And it's not just a small amount.

I wasn't surprised to find out that it takes pretty close to 80% of an advert's income just to pay the people who made the ad and that TV company that shows the advert.

So much of your money never makes it to the charity you're donating to,

How I long for the days when an advert just tried to flog you a product. And in an entertaining way.

This week's Top 10 is in no particular order because that were all great - in fact, I could probably easily do a Top 100.

Let's take a little wander back through time.

10. The Milky Bar Kid

If you can't see the video, click here

9. Cadbury's Dairy Milk (The Eyebrow Dance)

If you can't see the video, click here

8 Um Bongo
If you can't see the video, click here

7 R White's Lemonade
If you can't see the video, click here

6 Hamlet Cigars (Photobooth)

If you can't see the video, click here

5 Heineken (Majorca)
If you can't see the video, click here

4 Smash Mashed Potato
If you can't see the video, click here

3 Shake & Vac
If you can't see the video, click here

2 A Finger of Fudge
If you can't see the video, click here

1PG Tips (Mr Shifter)
If you can't see the video, click here

As I said earlier, 10 in no particular order, I could have chosen so many more, but the question is, what are your favourite adverts?

Let me know and I'll revisit the subject another time.














1 comment: