Thursday 7 January 2021

Things to be grateful for

As we're locked down again for the foreseeable, and it's so easy to moan and groan about the situation we're in, I'm going to look to find things to be grateful for. I think that will make this time more bearable.

I don't know how many things I'll be able to find but I can start off with an easy one. 

I've got to be grateful that even though Debz tested positive for Covid 19 on Boxing Day, apart from having the same symptoms you'd get if you had a bad cold, she generally didn't feel too bad,

She has two cousins who've been affected badly by the virus and have had to be put into a coma in order to help them recover! So things could have been a lot worse.

On top of that, I don't appear to have caught any of the symptoms either. I'm really happy about that.

All in all, apart from having to Quarantine it's been fine.

I spoke about our friend Bridget in an earlier blog and throughout our 'locked-in' period she was in touch doing more shopping for us an even the day before we'd finished it, checking to see that whether we needed anything. 

We're both so grateful to her for keeping us stocked up. That saved us a whole load of worrying about food. 

We're very lucky to have her as a friend.

And finally this week, I am so grateful I've got room in our house for my office. Back when I was doing radio, it was a studio. You can see my old microphone stand behind one of the monitors.

Back then I used to have three computers running along with the record deck, a cassette and a mini-disc player, but since I stopped back in 2017, I've not really used the other PCs.

I do however still spin a few records when the mood strikes me. 


I love having my bookcase so close to me. I try to read everyday and my business books are in here alongside others.

I've still got plenty of records to listen to inside the cupboards.

This is where I pretty much spend my days. It's where I keep up to date with most things. As you can see, I may have three computers, but I still have plenty of notepads and scribbled on pieces of paper - a paperless office, this is certainly not!


My office is my little domain - I'm really grateful to have it. It's the hub of all my activities and it's where I plan my next dastardly scheme for World domination hahaha!

I've got plenty to be grateful for.

Let me know what you've got to be grateful for. I'd love to hear! It's way better than moaning...and you know how good I am at that!


Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. Hi James, great blog post, although its like I maybe forced to close my offline business yet again, Im so grateful I now have my online business, and will actually have more time to devote to growing it quicker, but ironically, its because of the last lock down I given the opportunity to start it 😉

    Im also extremely grateful for living wherecwe now live, its a lovely 120 old cottage on the outskirts or our village, and we only have 2 neighbors, next door is a lovely old lady whom turned 90 on Christmas day, we're her "ring or shout if you need us" neighbors, and the young girl in the end house of our little 3 cottage terrace, is a vetenary nurse whom we dont actually see much of, but is only a call away for advice about our two crazy dogs and 11 hens 😀

    We also keep her supplied with eggs for our part, we love living here, and are very grateful that we found our little refuge in the sticks 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Simon - at least you won't be out in the cold either!

    ReplyDelete