Wednesday 17 March 2021

The Music of My Life 24

 I was 9 when this came out at the end of 1969. I bought it with Christmas money soon after.

Having a brother who had loads of Motown singles, I'd been listening to these great artists for years.
This was my first foray into buying Motown Albums. I've bought loads since. But this is the one that kick-started it all for me.

The tracklist was just superb take a look at this: 

Side 1
1 Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine 2 Diana Ross & The Supremes & The Temptations - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me 3 Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour 4 Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You) 5 Marv Johnson - I'll Pick A Rose For My Rose 6 Diana Ross & The Supremes - No Matter What Sign You Are 7 Four Tops - I'm In A Different World 8 Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street Side 2
9 Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life 10 Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - You're All I Need To Get By 11 The Temptations - Get Ready 12 Edwin Starr - Stop Her On Sight (S.O.S.) 13 Diana Ross & The Supremes - Love Child 14 Isley Brothers - Behind A Painted Smile 15 Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Road Runner 16 Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tracks Of My Tears
And the cover was just brilliant!

If you can't see the video, click here


Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment