Thursday 11 March 2021

Learning what words mean

 

Do you ever read books, see a word and wonder what it means, and then carry on reading?

I do that all the time.

So today, I decided that from now on, whenever I’m reading a book, instead of skipping over the word, I’m going to stop, pick up my dictionary and actually find out what it means.

After all, why have the dictionary if I’m not going to use it?

So... today’s two, ‘I don’t know what they mean’ words (in broad terms) are......

Pejorative – adj: expressing contempt or disapproval.

Axiom – noun: an accepted statement or preposition as being self-evidently true.

I thought I'd share them with you as well.

I’d like to think of it as a public service I’m performing hahaha!

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to read more, sign up for the weekly newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out and bookmark the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment