Tuesday 13 October 2020

Did Brian Jones drown or was he murdered?

 

They used to say that you’re either a Beatles fan or a Rolling Stones fan.

That’s true in my case. I’m most definitely in The Beatles camp. But that never stopped me buying Rolling Stones records or reading books about and by them.

I’ve read biographies about Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and have found them intriguing.

I was only 8 when founder member of the group, Brian Jones died, so didn’t really know much about him, but over the years, I’ve learned more about his life.

He certainly appears to have been a tortured soul and one who really lost his way to drugs. And the story of his death due to drowning in his swimming pool didn’t surprise me.

Last night I saw a documentary, Rolling Stone: Life and death of Brian Jones. It’s a documentary about the events in the life of Rolling Stone legend Brian Jones that lead to his death.

It backed up my feeling that he was an unstable man but hearing the stories of his upbringing and his father’s contempt for him, it didn’t surprise me.

The fact that his parents kicked him out a few days before Christmas in his teens reinforced, for me reasons why he went overboard.

However, there’s no doubt he was his own worst enemy.

But what I wasn’t expecting was how the story of his life panned out. This documentary gave plenty of reasons to be able to assume that his death wasn’t as it has been reported.

There’s enough evidence here to assume that the true story of his death hasn’t been told. And it makes compelling viewing.

There’s a lot of events put forward in this documentary to make you wonder whether his death really happened as reported at the time.

It certainly made us think differently.

If you’re a music fan in general, this is a really good watch. And it’s worth taking the 90 minutes to see it. If you’re an Amazon Prime viewer, it’s available on the platform as part of your subscription.

It’s also available on DVD.

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment