Sunday 11 October 2020

The Earache Sessions! - The background

 

Around 6 or 7 years ago, I bought a job lot of LPs. I knew before I collected them that 95% was what I think of as Charity Shop albums, but the 5% I wanted was going to make the rest worth buying – there were in the region of 8-900 LPs.


After I’d taken the ones that I’d wanted out and added them to my collection, the rest of these albums were packed into cardboard boxes and never looked at again.

Then about 4 years ago, after having them cluttering up the garage, I decided that I needed to do something with them.

I’d seen a lot of recycling of albums online, turning them into all sorts of things.

I opened the top box and grabbed some of the albums. I bought some photo paper  that came with a sticky back, made up some designs the size of an LP label, printed them off, bought some clock workings and turned a load of old LP’s into novelty clocks and sold them via an online store as a way to recoup the money I’d paid for the LPs in the first instance.

Once again, they sat in the garage until a couple of years ago when I once more opened the top box  grabbed some out and this time painted them up with various designs and put them back onto the online store and tried to sell them again – not so good this time, so once again they went back into the box.

But now, just for the fun of it, I’m going to grab a selection of them at random and I’m going to play them and see what I think of them – this is either going to unearth some great music that I would never have ever gone out and bought in any other circumstance, or it’s going to be an excruciating listen!

However it turns out, as I listen to them, I’ll let you know how I get on – I’m doing this for your benefit – so that you never have to do this yourself.

Perversely, I think this might be fun!

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

3 comments:

  1. I did this a few years ago I was given 2 boxes of old alps a lot of them where damaged beyond use I kept about 6 and donated the rest that were pjsyabke to our local gispuce shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not proof reading and correcting mistskes😥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got lots of albums love playing them xx

    ReplyDelete