Tuesday 13 October 2020

The Music Of My Life #2

I've never worried about whether people think I'm cool or not and here's a reason why.

When I was a little boy 5 or 6, my Dad had this LP. Just hearing the opening bars of 'Love Walked In' the first song on side 1 and I'm back there, in our arcade in the back room where my dad had a record player and a reel to reel tape recorder that used to feed music into the arcade.
He had tapes full of hits of the late 50s and early 60s, and we had up to date albums like The Beatles' 'Help' or The Shadows' 'Greatest Hits'.
If too many teens were hanging around the arcade, he'd change to music to something like 'The King & I' Soundtrack or he'd play some nondescript Hawaiian tape, which would stop them hanging around!
Seems I've been surrounded by all sorts of music since I was little. And I find that I've always been attracted to music like this as well as 'pop' music.
Just hearing this again brings back so many memories.

If video doesn't play, click here

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!





No comments:

Post a Comment