Sunday 11 October 2020

In the spirit of openness

 



A long time ago I used to be an Amazon associate.


On my web site, I had pages and links to products and if anyone clicked on them and bought the product, I would get a small percentage of the cost. The customer paid the same price they would normally pay Amazon and then I would get my percentage from them,

I haven’t used my associate account with them for years. However, I noticed yesterday that it’s still active, so I’ve decided that it’s time to start using it again.

With the situation we’re all facing in these times, like all of us, I’m looking to make sure I have an income coming in. You will all be aware of what I’m doing with my online store.

I don’t have a personal website these days and so I can’t display links to products as I used to. I’m not going to be doing that for the imminent future either.

However, in the course of my normal postings on here and also in my blog and newsletter, should I place links to products I’m talking about, the links will from now be tagged to my Amazon associate id, which means that if you decide you’d like to buy it, I’ll be eligible for an associate payment.

I just wanted to let you know.

Obviously, If you see anything I’ve posted and you fancy buying it, I’d be grateful if you’d use my link. To that end, I’d be appreciative if you’d also follow my blog and sign up for my newsletter because I’ll be using that on a regular basis too and it will have different content.

This doesn’t mean I’m going to be turning into nothing but an advertising channel, but it does mean that should you follow my links and buy something, you’ll be helping me at the same time. Feel free to contact me for further explanation if you need it.

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment