Thursday 8 October 2020

Disco and its part in making the pop single longer.


Remember Disco?

It was my ‘coming of age’ music.  It played an important part in my teen years.

And it also played a major part in enlivening the record scene and giving it a huge boost at the time.

And a major part of that was the development of the 12”single. My first was T Connection’s classic ‘Do What You Wanna Do’ which I bought in the spring of 1997.

It started a love of 12” singles and responsible for me spending so much money on music for the next few years.

The other day, I came across this short video that explained how the 12” made pop songs longer. I thought you might enjoy this.



If you can't see the video, click here


Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love 12" singles rarely bought 7" once I discovered the 12" I mean, why buy a 7" and get two songs, when you could pay a few bob more, and get an extra song or two, plus often an extended mix or remix ?!! I sill have some 12" picture discs too 😊

    ReplyDelete