Saturday 10 October 2020

From boredom to business in a few months

 It’s funny how things come to pass.

 If I look back to the beginning of this year, I was doing my own thing, much the same as everyone else.

And then we were put into lockdown and told to stay at home. 

I liked it for a while, but then, one day I got bored.

So I went into the garage looking for something to do and decided to paint a sign. I couldn’t think what I should paint, and toyed with a few ideas, finally deciding to paint a sign to try and keep people’s spirits up.

I sorted my brushes out, got my paints together, found some pencils, the surface I was going to paint on and then set about marking the board out.

Once that was done I started to paint the sign, and over a period of days, it was done and ready to display.
I chose to secure it to the tree in front of our house where everyone would see it.

I posted photos on the process and within a few days, some of my Facebook friends started asking if I could do some little projects for them.

I did those and then got the bug again.

But the problem was that it took so long to do each project, I wasn’t getting as much done as I wanted to and after doing a couple of dozen painted pieces, I decided to do the art on my computer instead.

And then someone suggested I ought to try selling some pieces.

I thought about it and over the next few weeks decided to give it a go.

I started producing pieces that I could put into an online store, and when I’d produced almost 50, I opened the store.

Now, 4 months after walking into the garage because I was bored and deciding to paint a sign, I have a new business I hadn’t even considered at the time and one that I hadn’t even planned to do.

I wonder how these last few months would have panned out if I had something to do that day?

If you'd like to see what kind of products are in my store, click here. Don't forget to save it as a favourite!
 

Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment