Friday 9 October 2020

The Music of My Life #1

Music has always played an important part in my life.

So many songs bring back so many memories as well, and for that reason, I started to catalogue them under ‘The Music Of my Life’ label. I started to do them but gradually I slowed down and eventually stopped.

However as I’m turning over a new leaf and going to blog regularly, 'The Music Of My Life’ will be an ad-hoc feature that I’ll share with you.

At the moment I’m trying to compile my Top 100 songs – 90% will be songs that I feel I have an emotional connection with, so don’t be surprised if a) They feature in this group of songs b) Some are cheesy!

 Let’s get on – here’s #1 in The Music of My Life’ – not because it’s my favourite, but because it was the first one I thought of.

This album takes me back to the back end of 1975. 

I was in London visiting friends at Victoria Park, and I went shopping in the Roman Road.

I bought a pair of Dr Martens size 9 because they were the only ones they had in the shop. 

I took a size 7, but I wanted them so much I bought them and two pairs of thick socks (you have to remember I was only 15 at the time).

Further along the street, I went into a record shop and saw this album. I wanted it, so I bought it.

The album was written and tells a story of Elton John and Berni Taupin and their story of trying to build a career.

The Dr Martens proved you can be stupid at 15. The album, I love to this day.



If you can't see the video, click here


Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!

1 comment:

  1. Captain Fantastic a treasured album in my vinyl collection

    ReplyDelete