Wednesday 28 October 2020

The Music of My Life #4


It's the backend of 1986 and our first baby is due at the beginning of December.
My Mother-In-Law gives us the money to buy a Silver Cross pram for the baby.
We're driving to the Pram shop at Ealing and in my car, It's pouring with rain, it's miserable as sin, but we're so excited.

I'm playing a cassette with Five Star's 'Silk & Steel' on one side and Tina Turner's 'Break Every Rule' on the other side.

I'm driving a Volkswagen Scirocco at the time, and when we pick the pram we want, it's too big to fit into the car in its packaging.

We had to take it out of the packaging and needed to work out how to get the pram into the car.

My car was a 2 door hatchback. We folded the seat forward and managed to squeeze the body of the pram into the back seat.

The chassis folded and fit into the boot with the wheels packed alongside it.

It was then I realised that in the long run, I would need to get rid of my lovely car which I'd only bought in the summer and replace it at some stage with a bigger family car!

We did get another year or so before it became too unpractical.
Whenever I hear either of the two songs in the links below, they take me back to that very day,

Click here if video doesn't play


Click here if the video doesn't play


Thanks for reading. If you like this blog and want to support it, sign up for the newsletter and feel free to invite your friends along to check out the blog, because after all, the more, the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment